Monday, November 8, 2010

Doreen Kostynuik - I Wish You Rainbows





Infos from http://waxidermy.com/
Doreen bears it all on this solo journey.
While there are some standard (original) folk and bluegrass songs,
the real interesting parts are on the spoken-word tracks.
On these songs she opens up on a personal level which at first made me feel uncomfortable,
but over time became bearable owing to the poetic nature of its telling.
There is an especially interesting self-revelation recorded over herself singing and playing the guitar. The album was recorded in Ottawa with no indication of the year.

Listen "Time-Re Time"




Track List
a1.Justice Has No Voice
a2.It's Been A Hard Day
a3.Time-Re Time
a4.I'm Not Afraid
a5.Learning
a6.My Lord Is A Healer

b1.One Beginning
b2.A Piece Of Crystal
b3.Before We Pray
b4.The Beggar
b5.I Am A Pigrim

Enjoy

8 comments:

  1. Mike, you are so spot on with all 3 of these posts, all albums are just great with fine songs and fine singing and playing. Hats of for your excellent taste my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poly kalo blog Mike.Thanks gia ta 2 album tou Joey Long.
    dj fanis

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have any of bob pattersons albums? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunatlly I haven't any bob pattersons album

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have Cheryl Ernst - always beginning?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete