Wednesday, May 26, 2010

LITTLE BIG HORN - S/T


British (?) group recorded this mega rarity lp at Sound Techniques London
and realised only in Germany . The original date is 1971. The line up is...

Jim Turner Vocals/PianoBarry Beasley Vocals/Bass
Billy Slaney Percussion
Alan Davis Lead Vocals
Danny Maidment Vocals/Guitar

Overall I thing the side A is much better from the side B .
It's a very good record with lots rock guitars (on side 1) .
The band also cut one single "Another Man's Song / Just A Game"
at Polydor(UK) & Fantasy(USA).

The link (with some scratch) has also the non lp song as I found it from the collection
"A Visit to the Spaceship Factory: 20 Gems From the Early Years of Prog"

Track List

A1 Good Time Music
A2 Getting It Together
A3 I Wish I Had the Words
A4 Anything That Turns You On
A5 Right Road
A6 Name of the Game
B1 Something Good
B2 Ain't No Harm
B3 Isn't It Strange
B4 Just Ain't Fair
B5 Another Man's Song
Bonus Track... Just A Game

Geronimo!!!

13 comments:

  1. You rock Mike, thank you very much for this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, man that's wonderful, a tone of thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mike, I had lost hope of ever finding this album!
    Fantastic, thank you for giving me this rarity: I do not know what words to use thank you. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. who cares about scratches..many thanks for this album..well worth the listen..wondering how hard it will be to get a mint copy..
    all best Rockinhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike,

    Please update new link for PHROCK in your bloglist: http://phrockblog3.blogspot.com

    Congratulations for your excellent blog. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike, Mike............................

    what to say...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow , that's a wonderful surprise
    thanks
    you're doing a wondeful work by digging all those treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unbelievable ! I had come to think never to hear this one !
    JP, France

    ReplyDelete
  9. superb rocky superb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danny Maidment is my dad and he gave me this album for christmas best ever present.Thanks too any one who loves this like I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your dad still in music busines ??
      Thanks in advance for the comment.
      Mike Musiclover

      Delete
  11. Sad to say Jim Turner has Passed away (Monday !7th Nov 2014)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danny Maidment is my brother in law and still ROCKS

    ReplyDelete